Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!!!

It was a good party and a great New Year Day for me. We all met up at one of our local favorites 'That Place' to hear a rockin band and celebrate the coming of the new year with friends - it was all good.




New Years Day was the Poker Bowl, my 4th year playing and the most successful yet. After a long sit at the first table I finally topped Uncle George to earn my place at the final table, he was not particulary happy since he was at one time chip leader. I even called an all-in on 7-3 suited against his Q-J, we were playing holdem this round not a very good starting hand. Flop comes down 7-2-3, opps 2 pair for me I win the chip lead. The final hand was 5card, having a pair of 3's I mucked 3 and pulled another 3 for 3 of kind, I put George allin, he only had a pair. That's poker. I ran around for a pee, food, drink and smoke break before sitting down at the final table. I managed to hang on for 4th place and 250 in my pocket - it's all good, watch out boys, I will be back next year!

I hope all my friends and family have fun, happiness and success in the new year!

No comments: