Monday, January 15, 2007

The Little Mermaid...

Alex's Introduction

As a fund raiser, the schools have a theater group come into town and put on a play. Auditions, rehersals and the play are all done in a week. Last Monday, they audition, 190 K-8 kids for 60 parts. Alex was selected as an assistant director to work off-stage getting everyone and props on-stage. The production of The Little Mermaids (the original).

They rehearsed all week 4-9pm. Show time was on Saturday 5pm - can you guess what that was smack in the middle of??? Yes, the Colts game. I had a few parties along with some cash games I could of attended, but would of missed the big production. So Jen and I (god love her) did the theater Saturday evening followed by a glass of wine, the final quarter of the Colts game and dinner. Though sad I missed the opportunity to pick up a few $$, I wouldn't of missed it for anything.
I could see Alex from my seat working with script in hand, moving little kids out on to stage and directing them to come back off - the seahorses were all K - 2nd graders and cute as all get out in their costumes. The story was good, the jokes bad but laughable and overall fun. I will admit I had people texting me the scores on my cell so I could keep up with the game.

Congrats Alex, A Job Well Done!

No comments: