Monday, January 22, 2007

COLTS AFC CHAMPIONS!!!


We started Sunday out with snow - and a fairly good amount in a very short time period. Kelsey was in a mood, she got up early and cleaned the downstairs, did dishes and started her laundry. I think this is great and a part of her responsibilities for living in the house. She on the other hand likes to remind us all the labors and stuff she has done - um, no.....doesn't work that way for me. Alex and Amanda had stayed up until 5am taking silly pictures and movies, again, will post one here shortly. They were still crashed at noon, but I finally woke them up and encouraged them to shovel my driveway while I went out.

Gearing up for today's game - I went shopping with a friend to find a cute Colts shirt to wear, Colts stuff is getting to be slim pickins since it is towards the end of season, but there are a few. Found a cute pink girls shirt (which is also hard to find - girls NFL stuff) and felt I was ready for the game. Came home to find the girls did indeed shovel the drive, and the sideway and of course were both soaking wet from building a snowman, sliding across the lawn on cardboard and dumping/throwing tons of snow on each other.

It was getting near game time - Kelsey was going to watch the game at her boyfriends house, I was dropping Alex off at Amanda's to stay there while I was out for the game. When I showed up around 4:30pm, a few of the pepple already had a mighty fine buzz on, a few had been there since noon. With the Bear's game going on and me rooting them to victory I discovered a lot of people in the bar wanted the Saints to win so at this time I was going against popular opinion, big deal, me and Brian the huge big bears fan bouncer at the bar were alright with it.

Then it was time - the Colts game, we were ready - buckets of beer, blue shots and the agreement to do a jager bomb on each touchdown was in place. The game begins, cheering ensues - New England gets thier first points, frustration on some of the plays, more beer goes down. A few more bad plays with only 3 on the board, a lot of jello shots and a few more beers down. We weren't loosing faith, but strengthing it! ;) And then, after 1/2 time, a gleam - you could see something more on the field the way the Colts were playing. With each down, cheers arose from the bar - we were willing that ball down inch by inch. A few Jagers were consumed and everyone in the bar turned thier shirts/jersey's around to assist in 'turning around' the game. Nails were bitten, angry protests at refs and calls were heard and most of all the quietness that come across a crowd when the last play is to happen and the fat lady sings!



And she SANG!!!! Baby - cheers, drinks, hugs, high-fives and jubliation spread across the bar. I called my mom/dad and said 'can you believe it - my 2 favorite teams are in the Super Bowl' and both are from the Midwest - how great is that! I am so excited. So after a long, tense game and the Colts coming out the victor!

SUPERBOWL -
COLTS VS BEARS

How can I lose?

No comments: