Saturday, January 20, 2007

Thank you Indiana BMV....

Friday was fairly quiet until about 3:30pm, I received a call from Kelsey - mom, I have been in accident, then very quickly, I am not hurt, it was not my fault and the car isn't to bad - whew! A friend of her's rear-ended her. But wait, theres more, there is always more. The 2 girls and one adult whom stopped to assist them (a mother of a senior) exchanged information and were all set to leave.

A state trooper pulls up and states, since both girls are under 17, I must write an accident report and they will need parental release before they can go anywhere. Okay, this is where the problems began - as mr. trooper was writing the report he noticed Kelsey' license plate was expired, oh crap - I never received notice or anything - so, he proceeded to give her a ticket and impound her car. GREAT! I am off, flying down the highway I am meeting Kelsey at the BMV office to get her car tags renewed.

I meet her there and find out 2 things - 1, they should of never registered/titled the car in the manner which they did the first place - hence they couldn't find last year's registration and 2, I continued to be informed that renewal notices are 'conveience items' and we should be responsible to know when our plates expire - this last one I am going to take issue with later especially after their recent $$$ upgrades to the BMV system. Well, the nice lady at the BMV went ahead and registered her car with a firm - get that title update pronto. We tracked down where Kelsey's car was impounded (the officer failed to give her any information other than a name) and off we went to get her car. So essentially for almost $400 dollars, we paid for 2 years of registration and got her car out of the impound.

Dang it - What's next, I am tryin' to save a few $$ here......geeez!

The week was pretty routine, did fairly well last night and on Wed. at the Poker league, as always, enjoyed the evening with friends. Alex had her first opportunity to play some futsal with the High school soccer girls on Wed. without her sister being there, it was a good experience for her to be 'on her own' with this group and for them to get to know her independant of her sister, personality wise they are 2 way different people! It was interesting all the 8th grade parents that hung around this practice/play, these girls will be freshman next year, I am of the notion you drop them off and return when finished, but what do I know. (or I am not up to playing the 'political' game others tend to do.

Don't Forget GO COLTS - TAKE AFC!!!!

No comments: