Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wet floors, Gingerbread house and Interesting Conversation

I arrived home this evening with a dad at my door attempting to pick up his daughter Katie and not really in a good mood, I introduced myself and we walked in together looking for the girls (Alex, Katie and Lauren) - what we found was a path of towels leading from the front door to the kitchen, what we saw in the kitchen were the three girls, stripped to thier bras & shorts and an explosion in my kitchen - towels covered the entire kitchen floor as well.

School project, they were actively engaged in making a gingerbread house, the old fashion way (no kits allowed) - cabinets all opened, table piled high with flour, sugar, icing, pans, foil and tons of water. Seems the sprayer got stuck and soaked them and the kitchen down, but that didn't really explain the rest of the mess - that was caused by them creating thier masterpiece (ugh!). Katie was told promptly to get dressed they were leaving, seems he had been calling the cell phones numerous times in an attempt to get a hold of her and was quite angry - now where have I heard that rant before. Before they could leave, the other Lauren's dad showed up frustrated with the same 'can't get a hold of you rant' - while I attended to the girls, and the mess - Lauren's Dad consoled Katie's dad to get him cooled off a bit before the poor girl went home, I gave Katie one of my sweatshirts to wear otherwise she would be leaving in her bra, shorts and nuthin' else - its currently 30 degrees here! Now Lauren's dad after talking a bit agreed to let Lauren stay so we could get this project moved forward and my kitchen cleaned. I rolled up my sleeves and off we went, getting walls up and iced and the roof on, it is now hardening in my kitchen as we speak - pictures will be included later -

So while we were cleaning and finalizing the conversation turned to thier friends and people in the 8th grade, I listened until my ears perked up at 'head job' - okay, lets get into this - let me just say I heard stories of acts between 8th graders I don't even think they should be talking about. Blow jobs, head jobs, feeling, getting off, wet pants, boners, etc. - these were just some of the terms I was hearing, it was quite an education and astonishing to me as well - now I am not naive, but dang - so you ask, do I go to all these children's parents and tattle or give them a heads up, not at this time, the girls trusted me as an adult, but it does make me more aware and on 'my toes' with this age group and my own daughter - but I will say this, there was conversation of one mother speaking ill of me because I cannot be available to haul the girls all over after school(okay single mom here - I have to work for a living) - her daughter was included in this conversation, now her, I would love to tell what her little precious can't do anything wrong girl is doing - and in her own house - that would get her, but I won't.....but its sweet to think about her reaction - lol.

No comments: