Thursday, December 21, 2006

Comfortably Numb

Hello.
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home?

This would be my kids attempting to wake me up from my self-induced drug induced haze the past couple of evenings. Finally, relief for some of the pain has been forth coming allowing me to at least relax and be comfortable in the evenings, days still are difficult.

Coming into the home-stretch of the holiday season, I am hiding at home ~ Jen managed to drag me to church this evening and I enjoyed her company, feeling slightly better I ventured out afterwards to the second poker game in the league. Quietly playing my cards, I managed to find myself at the final table out of 75 people - wow. I hung in there, chip leader at times but in the end did a stupid mistake and lost it all, oh well - I ended up 3rd, but still my position I have held to date in the free league.

After my successful table position, I sat down with some friends I hadn't seen in awhile, back due to the holidays. Conversation ranged from politics (Osama Hussien Brama? or Hillary Clinton - a lesbian?), health care - if the rest of the world can have universal health care - why not us - after receiving a $2000 bill for Alex's needed oral surgery (for braces, etc.) - was asking as well - why not? And other lively topics of the day addressing both the local community (vandals still are plaguing the holiday decorations), to the Nation (are we still in the right place with our troops in Afganistan, Korea and of course Iraq?

Overall, a good evening that began to lift my cloud of stress and darkness to possibly see some light ahead!
cheers...

No comments: