Friday, December 08, 2006

It's Freezing in Here.....

After yesterday's birthday celebrations for Kelsey we all came home to finish out the week. We awoke this morning to a house that was 40 degrees, it was 8 degrees outside - the furnance quit.

Now thinking, it was my stupidity that forgot to change the filter and the furnance shut down, I was off to the store at 7am to get filters, home again and filter replaced I began my search for the manual limiter reset, this is where my frustration sets in - where it shows in the instructions is no where to be found, this of course resulted in a call to my friendly heating/cooling company - yes, I know I should just get it serviced and be done with it each year.

So I began my day of waiting for the service guys to come while wrapped up in layers of clothing and attempting to work on my laptop with gloves, it doesn't work very well.

They finally arrived around 2pm and after 20 minutes of inspection, testing and the alike it came up that the thermostat had gone bad in the house and had to be replaced. I was already out $100 for them to come out, so go ahead replace it. ~ so $200 later, cleaned furnance and new thermostat I was back in business and down in my xmas cash - but we will deal with it.

We cranked that furnance up to the point we were all walking around in our shorts and tank tops, ahhhh heat, we forget what a luxury it is. Course, the comical thing, the next week it is predicted to be back in the 60s here, my luck - it breaks down on the coldest day we have had yet this winter.

Stay Warm ~ I am Now!

No comments: