Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Spirts on Halloween......

More than just the kids in costume - Halloween in the burgs is from 6pm - 9pm, lights on the house means you are being nice and giving out candy.

Getting off work, I charged home to arrive at 6:05pm, I run in the house, light the pumpkins, get the candy bowl - I am ready. The girls are gone, one trick or treating with her friends, the other just out. Hmmm, mom left me meatloaf and I do have a bottle of wine chilling in the refrig, sounds like a plan....I began to dole out candy to all the princesses, army warriors, ghosts (aka teen with sheet over head) and various others - some absolutely sweet, others just a pain in the arse....it was an enjoyable evening and truly over by 8:30, by which time so was the bottle of wine.

My girls found me happily dozing in the family room upon their return, a good evening at home!

No comments: