Sunday, November 05, 2006

Saturday - Shopping Spree

My good friend Jen called to say she had Saturday free, it's been since July the last time we could get together for our Saturday morning coffee and a couple of store stops - we had some catching up to do.

And we did.....our mission.....find all gifts for my sister in laws upcoming baby shower (baby's name Jade Alexandra) - my Alex is very excited, but I digress - our mission took us to several stores seeking what we needed and Jen made the mistake of saying we should check Edinburgh (outlet mall) - let's go - it's to far - no it isn't, I can get us there in 20 minutes, okay 30 with the lights, game on....Jen munching her wonderful breakfast of chocolate animal crackers, us gabbing away and her again stating I would not have her foot in the parking lot by 1pm (I did Jen....) - we made it there (safely) and well within the timeframe.

Off we went, oh, let's check here, and here, and here until we finally landed in the Coach purse store - uhoh - it was a female frenzy of women all trying on how different purses look, comparing, chatting and bonding over purses. I looking splendid carrying my Payless purse dove right in. It's not that I am opposed at spending money on a good purse, it's just I don't like to carry the same purse all that long, I change with the seasons - it seems a waste. Sorta like a volvo, yeah it will last forever, but after awhile, it's just ugly! BUT! I do love purses so I felt compelled to at least look......okay, I broke down but at this time cannot disclose.... To be continued - on Thanksgiving day at Midnight, when selected stores in the Edinburgh mall have chosen to have some truly 'early bird' specials, the plans for the trip are in the works!

No comments: