Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I Killed the vacuum

I am a pet owner and as such deal with a great deal of hair around my house, cat, dog and kid hair all manages to find its way to my floors....it is a battle I take on daily and rougher during shedding season. Last year, I purchased a 'bagless' vacuum to possibly rid myself of the messy bags and hoping that my vacuum would maintain it's suction to assist me with my daily battle - wrong - since the day I purchased it, it's been a pain in the ass.....the filter clogs, the canister fills to quickly and it leaves big lumps of hair on my carpets! UGH! Having spent some $$ on this, I have battled with this particular machine over the year - my battle came to head on Sunday afternoon.

Again, I have pets, and as such they occasionally do or leave items for us human owners - it was the dog's turn this time - having not been let out for his last 'evening' release the night before and having ate a bunch as well - he could no longer contain himself and deposited a present for me on my living room carpets - now in my furor of cleaning I neither smelled nor noticed this present because you see - the dog is smart, he knows he was doing wrong so he choose to 'cover' his mess with some paper - good boy. So now, I am dealing with the above vacuum attempting to get at least 1/2 of the hair off my carpets when I encounter this paper, now being the lazy sweeper I am, I swept right under - you guessed it - as I backed the vacuum up, a long dark streak of dog poop was left in it's wake - then the smell hit - damn!!!! Okay, frustration level just went up a notch. I go out and get the trusty carpet shampoo machine and set about removing said streak. Mission accomplished and I am now behind in my chores and still need to the vacuum cleaner - well, seems it finally decided to get some suction, I was cleaning poop from the brushes, inside the machine, filters - it was everywhere and on me - I had it - with the cleaner and the poop - out the front door the vacuum went (children read so I won't reveal the expletives that were said) - mad at the damn thing, I felt 'Good Riddance' and off to peruse the Sunday ads for a new vacuum, determined to get one that once again had a bag in it - I was tired of the whole filtered/bagless scamp - worthless I say!!!!

Forgetting my parents were still in town, they arrived at the front door greeted by the pile that was once my vacuum, mom hugged me and understood my frustration - dad said, get dressed, we need to look for a new one....being the good child I am (yeah right) I fought a bit and conceded so off to the store we went. We hunted for a 'bagged' vacuum cleaner to no avail - nothing - Dad finally said, I bought your mom one of these and it works well - it was a bagless and I was skeptical. It even said on the packaging 'For Animals' - still skeptical, but alright I have always trusted Dad's judgment on these things. We purchased said vacuum and brought it home, after some 'assembly' we got it going and off we went. I am here to say - okay, I am now a believer. So for those of you who suffer pet hair syndrome, I am here to recommend - the Dyson Animal bagless (DC-7 or 14) - it was amazing - here are some of the things I like - a REALLY long cord, the fact the container empties with one push - from the bottom, the hose reaches my entire stairs without having to move the machine, the container has enough space to handle all the hair (and there was bunches), it easily goes from floors to carpet, it's light weight and easy to maneuver, the attachments were useful and best of all - it never lost it's suction.

Now, I know that no vacuum can deal with sucked up dog poop, but if it can assist me to easily deal with my floors, woodwork and carpets and do what it is supposed - sign me up!~ I can now say, my house is once again vacuumed and looking much better - even the stairs!!!! And there is a consumer report for 'ya - recommended by KATS~!

No comments: