Sunday, November 26, 2006

Black Friday....Generous Saturday....

I was woken by my neighbor needing an egg for her souffle - it was time to get up and I realized - I do have good kids, they cleaned the house for me while I prepared the pies, Kelsey got up and ran down to the grocery store for me. And we were off to share dinner with my brother. A wonderful meal was prepared at my brother's house and good company was good.

Fat on a holiday meal I returned home to scour the ads for a few good deals for Christmas and drink a pot of coffee to keep me awake through it all. Yes, I am one of the stupid people who find it amusing and entertaining to deal with large crowds all vying for the best bargain!

This year took a new spin, some retailers at the Edinburgh Outlet Mall decided to open a midnight, Coach being one of them. Jen on I decided to take on the challenge (see earlier Shopping Spree). New this year, her husband Steve decided to join us, a blessing for us - he had the patience to stand in line, promptly took our packages back to the car and catered to two very strong women - brave soul he is and the gentleman!!! We got to the mall around 12:15am. It took us 40 minutes just to get into the mall parking lot, I kept encouraging Steve this was a new form of hunt and he should be ready for the kill, he was not amused. He got us parked in the forgotten interior parking lot and off we went.

Coach had a 2.5 hour wait just to get into the store, we forged on through the other stores. My longest wait, 40 minutes getting jeans for Kelsey at PacSun, our best deal, Banana Republic, 40% off everything and we had coupons for another 25% off our entire sale - nice. Just as we were leaving, we did manage to get into the Coach store, for me, worth the wait.

We heard people saying the highway was backed up 4 miles in either direction and some people were just parking on the highway, there was a fight (yeah a fight with blood) in the Coach stores line (ladies, is the really necessary?).

It was now 5am and most all the other sales were opening, we decided to hit one each the key stores we saw the best deal - Steve to Walmart, Jen to Kohls, I to Pennys....at 7am, I received a call from Kelsey - uh mom, where are you? We were finally headed home, she was just getting up to go to work - it was all good! Are you ready for next year Steve?

The weekend's weather was gorgeous, 62 during the day and everyone took advantage of it, after I recovered I too had the glorious task of getting in the attic to sort and dig out the Christmas decorations, and discover what baby clothes and maternity clothes I had *yeah* - new babies in the family. It was also a good time to sort through and get some organization back up there as well, Kelsey and Alex began to put the lights up until Kelsey had to go to work, poor girl worked all weekend.

I made a few of my $$'s back Saturday evening at a friend's poker game, all I have to say who knew 10-6 suited is an awesome hand, I was all in and took it with trip 6s - yeah!!!! That made me a quick $70....hope you like your new shelves Alex!

All in all a good weekend - good food, family, friends, fortunes and forecast!

No comments: