Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I'm in the Homestretch!

Whew! It's been a month and my poor body is a hurtin' - been thinking about all I have gotten accomplished since the end of September and givin' myself a big pat on the back - yeah!!!!

I have:
  • Painted over 1200 sq ft of walls, ceilings & trim
  • Put up 6 Rolls of Insulation in Garage (course had to move all stuff)
  • Moved, Cleaned and Toss a ton of crap from the garage
  • Installed new refrigerator, moved coke machine and old refrigerator to garage
  • Got new furniture delivered
  • Cleaned all the house carpets
  • Cleaned the house (mommy is coming on Friday)
  • Did an unusal amount of laundry due to curtains, bedspreads, etc needing to be cleaned
  • Kept up with lawn
  • Attended 16 Soccer games - 4 out of town
  • Attended 6 High School 3 hour task force meetings
  • Attended 3 picnics/bonfires and prepared side dishes
  • (4) Ortho, Dr, Eye Appts
  • Created (5) New mini-websites for National Convention
  • Attended Student conferences for kids
  • Ran all the usual shopping, grocery and project errands
YEAH!! Again. Still have some minor stuff to do, but I am ready to sit and get fat this winter after going up/down stairs and ladder I now have buns of steel, well at least wood - ;)

I leave on Friday to begin the 1.5 week journey beginning with traveling to Las Vegas on Friday, returning on Tuesday midnight and then headed for the rest of the week to stay downtown Indy at the Marriott while working our convention. My kids will get to attend the Carrie Underwood concert with me on Wednesday, but that will be about the only time I see them the rest of the week.

I failed on getting 'mother of the year' award with Kelsey this month. As in previous post, she has had a cold and ear pain - nowadays - Dr's say wait a week and see if the ears clear up - I did and she was still having problems, so off to the Dr she went (by herself - that was great) - she was informed that she had a massive ear infection and the Dr asked how she could stand the pain - oh great, make me feel guilty for not taking care of my child. She is now on antibiodics and hopefully will be feeling better soon. Of course, her High School soccer team is in full swing playing in the sectionals, regionals and hopefully state - we will find out tonight after the Regional game. They won sectionals on Saturday and celebrated with a huge bonfire that evening - our old recliner was scarificed and burned - it was scary how fast it went up and thinking it was in my house! Kelsey arrived Sunday morning at Alex's soccer game (8am) with black paint still under her eyes from where they had TP'd coaches house - she was tired, still had homework to do and work to go to - I hope she survives this soccer season.

School conferences are this week, I am pleased to report that once again, both girls have glowing reports from their teachers. I met with one of Alex's teacher, Alex and Kelsey joined us. Alex reviewed all her classwork with me and led the conference starting by introducing me to her teacher - it's kinda nice to have the kids take control of their conference. I got GREAT Kids!!!

October came and went so quickly, I counted only by tasks accomplished and hours slept (not many). I did manage to get out a few times for some cards, got a little tipsy one night to forget all my 'lists' for a bit - now I am ready to get a lot 'tipsy' on Friday and Saturday -

Watch out Vegas, Here I come!

No comments: