Monday, October 30, 2006

Convention....Time to Go to Work 10/24 - 10/28

I arrived back from Vegas and returned home at 1am, my mom and I chatted a bit working my road buzz off leaving me to get to bed around 2am, up by 6am, I got ready and headed downtown to Conseco fieldhouse to find my office for the rest of the week - after driving around a little and getting oriented to where all the venues were - I settled in to work and got to see all the good friends I come to enjoy when convention time rolls around.



I found out quickly, moving this convention to a city imparts a lot of walking - Wednesday night after a long day of work, my brother dropped Alex and a friend off to attend the Carrie Underwood concert. After walking a total of 10 blocks to retrieve some of my stuff, carrying my laptop we got to the car to go home, I was supposed to stay at downtown this evening, but after arriving home at 1:30am, thought it just as well I stayed home. Up early Thursday and back into Conseco for another really busy day of work, things are going really well! Kids are swarming the streets, all behaving well and we are busy posting pictures, new releases, awards and audio. Convention is in full swing - we all get out of the building around 11:30am, off to Champions to wind down and relax a bit to celebrate a good day - another 1:30am night, but slept in a big comfy soft bed downtown - that was nice. Up Friday for another full day of work, this evening we all departed out about the same time, grabbed some dinner, some time at Champions and down to Nicky Blaines for a late night cigar and cocktail - 2:30am this evening - we were all hurting going into Saturday our final day. I was up early and challenged with doing some private work with no internet connection - decided it best I just drive out to the house, complete what I needed and get myself cleaned up properly for another long evening - when I got downtown last session was in full swing with the election of our National officer team, I had the page ready for the annoucement and awaited the final 'gavel' shot to be brought in from the stage area. Loaded it up, sent out releases and off we all were to Bucca's for a fine meal, afterwards Sam, Kelley, Ed and myself met Bill down at the Slippery Noodle and finished off the evening with some great blues/harmonica playing while enjoying all the halloween costumes...

No comments: