Monday, September 25, 2006

Work, Work, Work.........

This time home repairs, I have taken the week off to get some painting done around the house. As with all projects, this one started off finally getting my bedroom painted - if you seen the earlier post, the paint patches have been on my wall for just about a year now, and the project creep has gone from there............
Leeann & I out Friday, just had hair done -

As my plans developed during the month, I happen to have purchased some furniture that was too good a deal, well since I am going to be painting and have the time - might as well put a new coat of paint on the family room and the ceilings haven't been done or the trim finished. But wait there is more, my brother just upgraded his kitchen (which looks fabulous) I am getting his side by side refrigerator, in order to bring this into the house, I need to move the old refrigerator (paint behind it) and since we have a refrigerator dolly what a great time to move my coke machine (paint behind it) to the garage so it may wait to be repaired - but if i am moving those out to the garage, I have to move all my shelves and workbench to the other wall so that the coke machine & refrig will be outside the door. Okay, I am good with this so far. Now, Menards has rolled insulation on sale, hmmmmm, since I am moving all the stuff from the garage walls, now might be a good time to put up that insulation so I don't have to move the coke machine again for awhile (my diet cokes freeze in the garage in the winter). You can see where this is going and notice my bedroom is dropping on the list - I really, really hope to get it all done!

Shopped to get all supplies on Sunday ( well most) - Put up enough of the insulation to cover moving the garage stuff and make room for the refrigerators (still need to get a few more rolls of insulation - shopping again). Today, I moved all the old furniture out into the garage, put pre-treator on the carpets (damn cats), painted all the downstairs ceiling and the family room trim. I now am in need of a trip to lowes to gather more trim paint, wall paint (thought I had more) and two more rolls of insulation - that will be tomorrow, for tonight, I am trimming out the walls in the family room and using the last bit of that paint I have. Stayed Tuned to see if I get finished, Furniture is delivered on Thursday - woo hoo!

No comments: