Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Progress.....

Tuesday was a wash with getting my hair done in the morning, picking up all the supplies I had run out of and Alex's ortho appointment and then the school task force meeting until 9pm, I managed to get the walls in the family room trimmed out, but that was about it. I figured since the evening was a wash with the meeting and such - well I went out and played some poker with the gang, didn't make top 20 or the final table - but was close (22) - just couldn't get the cards - but the jaegar bombs were going down well!

Alex will be getting braces within the coming weeks, I am so excited that I now get to resume that $100/mth for the rest of her life - not that bad, but geez, just got Kelsey's braces off in July. The girls are going to talk to the Drs. see if they can get me a little more of a break on record and installation fees since I am a return client AND I choose to come back to them versus going to the ortho that my dentist recommend. That would be a nice break., but they are very good orthodontists and their prices are competitive with what I hear others having to fork over. The poor girl is missing 2 teeth below (they just ain't there) so they will have to allow for spaces on both sides for a bridge to be put in and she has 2 extra teeth above that will need to be pulled so her eye teeth can come down - she is all messed up! This too shall pass!

Today I got up early as usual to take Alex to school, took a little time in the morning to enjoy coffee and my paper - I mean I am on 'vacation'. I started today's tasks with finalizing the trim and rolling the family room walls. Onward, I noticed the main hallway wall is all scuffed up and needed trimming - got it done, finished the ceiling where I missed a few spots and the trim in the kitchen, living and part of the dining room (my arm got tired and I had to move things) - With enough painting for a bit I switched over to cleaning up the kitchen (it was a mess) and cleaning the areas of the carpets the cats decided were their own - okay that was nasty - but I managed to get them all cleaned up and the family room has the carpets cleaned as well. So I am now awaiting the carpets to dry so I can clean the windows, put back the stuff that is going stay when the new furniture arrives (did I mention it has been put off 2 weeks) and declare that room done! Woo Hoo. The kitchen needs a few touch ups over some oops and a second coat over the trim and then it waits until my Coke machine and refrigerator get moved out to the garage - probably in 2 weeks.

Next on the list......a shower, damn I stink!

No, have to finish out the trim going up the stairs and re-paint the wall section of the stairs that has received some serious damage by kids - not pets. I am looking at the upstairs hallway walls and wondering if I should just go ahead and paint that before getting into my bedroom - I am thinking I might - we'll see how I feel tonight.

Tomorrow, seriously, I am going to start my bedroom - start something, cleaning the walls - trying to figure out how I am going to paint the middle of my vaulted ceiling - tearing everything away from the walls - something, I will get something done to move my bedroom forward - this was the whole reason I took off - go figure.

Now off to that shower -


No comments: