Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day - Is No days of Rest

Friday night we were off and running, the girls headed to the HS football game, we were playing Carmel so the helicopters were flying circle over my house, the canons were going off and traffic was awful (they lost to Carmel, 49-7). Knowing my children were safe and happy for the evening I was off to see REO Speedwagon at the Ribfest - we stuffed ourselves full of pulled pork and a wonderful Pina Colada and sang along to many songs of our youth - they still sounded good. The girls being the responsible kids they are were home and in bed by 12:30am....good girls - their mother on the other hand, with all intentions of going home after ribfest, got dragged into the midnight poker game, which led to having breakfast at 4am - Kelsey said to me - 'you got in a 5am didn't you?' - yes, yes I did.

I managed to get a few things done Saturday after I arose for the day - not easily though - the lawn needs to be cut, but I just can't bring myself to it. Kelsey worked until 5pm and by 6:30pm we were all off with some friends to see the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young concert - it was awesome and r
eminded me of how the music I grew up with had such powerful messages behind them - there are a few today but none with near the impact. The evening was slightly chilly but we enjoyed it immensely - the older girls like it as well - Alex, she fell asleep on under a blanket - but said she liked it alright, but it all sounded the same - lol! We got to see the downtown fireworks from where we were sitting so we enjoyed several shows for the evening - we got in a 1am, exhausted and an early morning facing us -

5:45am - OMG, I don't really have to get up do I? Please, Please let me sleep in, roll-over and snuggle down....in my dreams, up and off to Bloomington (about an 45 minute drive) for the first of 2 games for the day - 8am start time - UGH......we finally get there, I reload my coffee and sit to watch our first game, we lost - not a good start to the weekend. Alex and I got home, did a few things - again, my intention was the lawn - but that didn't happen - we crashed - up again to go back down to Bloomington for now a 6:15pm game, Kelsey joined us so I had my family for some together time - it's been awhile - they won this game 1-0, much better and a boost to the team, we enjoyed a family dinner at Olive Garden, went home and crashed again with full bellies.

Okay a little better, but not much - up and ready for a 10:30am & 3:30pm games, we head out. Kelsey worked today. These games ended with a 4-0 win and 1-1 tie - both were good games and enjoyed by parents and kids. On our way home, stopped in my sister in law's brother's house for a cook-out, enjoyed good food and good company and we were off again - a living room set caught my eye on Sunday while reading the paper and I decided to take a look, it is being delivered in a week - I am so excited! Catching up on bills, getting ready for the week and the lawn still has not been mowed! ;)

No comments: