Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Mother's Soccer Heartbreak....

As a single mom you try to divide your time between the girls activities, household chores and upkeep, work and occasionally some play. This evening, it was the lawn that had been calling my name. After a busy weekend, rain and some just right temperatures it had grown to 10" on some blades - I could no longer hold off mowing, it had to be done and tonight!

Kelsey was scheduled to play Lawrence North this evening, it was an away game on the north side, chatting with her this morning I eluded to possibly not attending to get the lawn done, she was okay with it since they are the #1 team, she felt they would play the starters most the game and she might not see a lot of action tonight.

Well, came home and got the lawn mowed, I can actually see the dog now. Checked my phone and one of the soccer mom's had called - I called her back, and that is when the heartbreak began.

It's just about the end of the 1st 1/2, Kelsey is playing forward - she normally plays mid-field - Megan, the other forward took the ball up and got boxed in, she lofts it over to the middle and up comes Kelsey to finish off for the GOAL! 1/2 buzzer sounds and the score is 1-0 Center Grove - and I wasn't there to see....... it hurts I could of been there, but made the wrong choice - the grass could of waited another day....... Congrats Kelsey - I am so proud for you!

No comments: