Thursday, March 29, 2007

The week is almost over!!!

It's been a busy one, the priority, Alex's birthday party to be held this evening, Alex having cheer leading tryouts and awaiting the posting of the teams, and of course, my very slow recovery and still not right feeling trying to get through all of this! Don't you just love life sometimes!

But the big news!!!!

Alex made the Freshman Winter Fall Squad for Cheer leading.

This is a big deal, competition was tight, a lot of girls trying out and Alex lacks years of competitive tumbling, dance and cheer, we played soccer. She took a few tumbling classes, but for the most part, she was not as experienced as a lot of the other girls trying out. She will be taking back handspring classes now to get this right, I am coming to understand this is one important cheer skill. She can do it on Kelsey's bed, when being spotted or on a trampoline, its her confidence that needs building, I have no doubts she will have it mastered before her season.

The posting of the squads was interesting, here are all us parents sitting in the parking lot at 10pm, the girls huddled around a door awaiting to see if they will post them tonight, most are in their tryout outfits still (shorts & t-shirts) freezing. Alex had plans with 5 other girls to spend the night at her friends house, she had gone to the posting with someone else, never asking
if mom wanted to come. But I was worried, if she didn't make it would she truly want to go spend the night with a bunch of girls that might have? I drove to the high school, parked and waited. Roughly 10:10pm, you could see the activity at the door, and then they began to file out, some cheering loudly, others not so much. But where was Alex, finally I saw her, neither looking dejected, nor elated...okay this is tough. I watch, not wanting to intrude, finally she begins to walk back to the friend's car, I get out and sit on the front my hood, she doesn't see me, still I can't tell what has occurred from her mannerisms, and it is dark. I call out to her, she looks up, screams Mom, obviously elated I am there and shouts ' I made it!', relief floods over me, good for her! For all the pain I may suffer, it is moments like these I hope remain with me forever.

Congratulations Alex, mom is proud of you!


There is evidence another teenager has been inhabiting the house, we have seen this strange mysteriously elusive creature on occasion or hear its call as it moves through house.

No comments: