Sunday, March 25, 2007

I hate when I am right....

As predicted Monday, the week went downhill from there. Still not feeling 100%, I went and dealt with work (yes dealt), ran the kids and came home and died. I got out Wednesday night, but was home pretty early. Up early and working on Thursday, my day to work from home, I was accomplishing lots, but that pain in my abdomen was making me take notice, pop some ibuprofen and on I go.

Had a lunch date and by the time I got home, the pain was really starting to kick in. Okay, on to the next drug in the cabinet so I can at least finish the day's work. At the stroke of 4:30pm, I was down, in pain and raiding all pain killers from my cabinet and a heating pad just to get some relief. Friday, I did attempt to go to work, drugs in system and heating pad in hand, it didn't work, I was so dizzy and feverish I left after 4 hours and talk to my parents all the way home just to keep me focused so I could make it there. It was from this point I proceeded through the weekend in and out of a waking state, sweating and mostly sleeping.

The girls, bless them, handles their schedules, transportation, laundry, cleaned and more. I did take Alex to her last indoor game on Saturday wearing the biggest clothes I have, by now I added burns to my belly from using the heating pad so much. The game was good, Alex played really well but we ended up losing in the end by 2, it would of been nice to have won since it was against her old team, but they had to really work for it and the girls played a good game, they just got a couple of breaks.

The other kicker to all this out of world experience, it was an absolutely beautiful weekend, high in the 80s and I should of been out in the gardens cleaning, weeding and getting them ready for their spring displays, and I still have those plants from the garden show to get in. Except Saturday, I never saw much of the light of day.

Now feeling only slightly better, the pain is manageable I have to start some things to get ready for the week ahead. First priority, Alex's birthday is tomorrow, I will now be a proud parent of a 14 year old.

No comments: