Friday, August 04, 2006

Another Race Weekend!

And I will be racing! ;)

This weekend will be a busy one, Alex is headed to Chicago Saturday evening to spend the week with my parents and attend a UK soccer camp. Kelsey made the H.S. Varsity Soccer team and their season begins Saturday morning with kick-off festivies and a Red/White game between the JV and Varsity teams. Right after this I get to jump in the car and do a nice 5 hour roundtrip up to Merrillville, IN to meet my parents for the kids swap -

Then on to Sunday where I was invited to go to the Brickyard 400 - a first for me - I have been to Bristol & Talladega, but never the 400, even after 6 years of living in Indy. Our seats are in the first turn 20 rows up, close enough to kill my ears and get tire pebbles in my face - I am so looking forward to it.

Kelsey made top seller and top tire polish seller at Mike's for the month of July, earned her a little x-tra cash in her check - Alex has been practicing with her new soccer team this past week in the brutal heat, she was a trooper.

I want to take an opportunity to say!
CONGRATS! To Sam & Jillian in Alaska, after a year of being married they are finally holding their wedding reception and their new home is coming along nicely - click on Alaska Friends to see their progress.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
To my daddy - I won't give away his age, but he is still lookin' good and working full time - dad - when are you going to retire - AGAIN? Love 'ya Daddy

To my uncle - Who was there when I came into this world and continues to call me his calico cat - have a good one Uncle Bud! ;)

Stay Cool and Enjoy! For Summer is coming to a close!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wish. I enjoy your blog and that of your Alaskan friend. Keeping up with you these days would be hard, I think I'll just flop down in my easy chair and contemplate it. Love ya.