Sunday, July 30, 2006

HOT! Soccer

Sports Illustrated 3v3 Tournament - Alex played the 3v3 tourney this weekend with St. Francis team - it was a hot one. Both days we all melted in 98 high humdity weather - the girls were troopers and the parents for this team were well prepared. Plenty of ice, drinks and cold rags were on hand to make sure no one was taken down by the heat. Besides, there were plenty of other things to take the girls out, broken thumb, wretched knee, ankles - you name it. You wouldn't think a small field and only 6 girls playing could cause these injuries, but it did.


After playing 3 games during the day, we closed the fields down this evening with the 4th and final game which was between 2 of our girls teams, White & Blue, the white team (Alex's) lost by 1 so they will not get to go on to Regionals. But, that game I think was the most fun because the girls were tired and playing against their own team-mates they were just laughing - good luck to Blue in Chicago.

It's one more week before all craziness breaks out again with school starting and getting everyone on a schedule. Alex has soccer practice all this up coming week, well the coach said they could take Monday off, that was nice since after this weekend they all ain't got much in them.

Haven't seen much of Kelsey, her team won the Ultimate Frisbee Championship, she was very excited and got a t-shirt - those kids, they love those t-shirts. She has worked all weekend, we dropped by and got my car washed - she looked so cute in her uniform! She was in late, and we were out early - I have not yet seen my eldest today, probably won't until 10pm tonight!

The heat took it out of me on Saturday, with well intentioned plans to get the lawn mowed - (it's just a tad long - oops) I proceeded to lay down on the couch in the cool air-conditioning - when I woke it was 8pm already, really truly to late to mow - so here I am today, thinking I was to only have 1 game this morning and would take care of mowing - 4 games later, it's 7pm and I am just now home and cooling off - the lawn awaits, so I shall go forth and conquer. Course, that only leaves me to clean some house, cat boxes, fill the fish tank, grocery shop pay bills and try to figure out where everyone will be this week! UGH! Can I have a do over on the weekend - please!

Off to mow! Stay Cool..............


Since this was mostly about Alex, thought I would include some of her pics -
she has been playing with my camera again.

No comments: