Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I survived!


By Saturday evening running on 3 hours of sleep, I didn't think I would make it through the day, the 6 hour roundtrip to drop Alex off just about got me (thank goodness for red bull & coffee) - finally got me some sleep and was up Sunday early for the race. It was a hot one, but our tickets were under cover - thank goodness, even walkin' around the track we all got some sun. Found out there were 250 people down at the track for heat - and some people there were really ripe! Since we got to the race early, the girls shopped and finally conceded and bought some Tony stuff - I haven't backed a driver since Dale Sr. passed on, he was my favorite! We consumed lots of liquids which made the coolers easier to carry back to the car. Jimmie Johnson won - Tony made a good effort, Jeff whom my racing partners were cheering for just didn't have it all day. This is a first, me hugging a Gordon fan - lol! A good time was had by all!

Still haven't seen my eldest hardly, well, I did see her when I registered Alex for school - Kelsey had been working the book store, she came home around 10:30 and promptly went to bed. Talked to Alex to give her schedule to her - she has 2 of Kelsey's favorite teachers now she will have the opportunity to experience the 'I really liked your sister syndrome'. She enjoyed her first day of soccer camp but said it was hot, something she should really be used to by now - she had practices all last week in the 90 degree heat.

School starts next week, Kelsey has her first Varsity game this weekend, and somehow I have to get Alex from Chicago! I finally managed to get the house, bills and all that stuff done last night, now I have tonight to try to catch up on the lawn - come on rain - I really don't want to do it yet, would like an evening free for once just to do nuthin!

Work just keeps piling it on and my side clients suddenly got active and decided during this hectic time to send along a ton of update - I truly think this has gotten ridiculous in my dedication to my job, a friend took this recently am I good or what - lol.



Have a good rest of the week all!

No comments: