Sunday, April 23, 2006

Cleaning the Garage!

Okay I admit it, during the year as I clean, sort, toss and otherwise go through crap that accumulates in the house, it gets moved to the garage. By Spring - we have one path to get to the car and even it is a little treacherous.

Soooo, I took the entire weekend to go through and clean, treating myself to some of the new rubbermaid cabinets and getting rid of old stuff. A burst of energy hit me Friday night, I went to Menards and picked up the cabinets - taught a teenager the fine art of squeezing 3 big boxes into a vechile not meant to carry them! While moving all the stuff away from the wall - evidence of the mice was ALL over the place, time to clean and while I was at it - paint the un-finished wallboard at the front of the garage, off to Meijer to get cheap paint and additional supplies to complete the job - I cleaned, swept, painted, constructed, moved, tossed and swept again all through the weekend between 3 soccer games. The garage was 1/2 way there in getting rid of stuff, my youngest still has all her stuff to go through - but it is CLEAN and crap reduced in 1/2. Now working with Kelsey to bring things to resale shops, she can keep the money - pretty good deal so far for her - she made 13. for a bag of books and for me, they are GONE!

After all this - I was left with a huge pile of trash - ugh! Dealing with trash companies anymore has become a headache. No longer can I slide my industrial cans full of trash to the curb, it all has to be bagged and of course, we are limited to 10 bags. So back I was moving all the trash from the cans to bags and came up with 14 bags and 3 heavy items - 12. extra next trash bill, okay I can deal with that - but geezzz -I figure, if I can lift it -so can they- next we will have to have them specifically weighed at 22.5 pounds and in deoderized bags.

It's so nice now to drive into my garage, have a clean doorway with old pictures of mine I hung...it's funny how a little effort to just get things straighten up can go along way in improving your outlook coming home - ahhhh, it's nice to be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you toss?

KATS Blog said...

Well let's see.

An ottoman, desktop and shelf was using as workbench, old lighting fixtures, 2 laptops (motherboards pulled), misc 'I will keep this, might need it later stuff', old broken toys, old gardening stuff - etc., etc.!

Thanks for stopping in!