Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happy 4th!

Happy Fourth Everyone!!!

Alex headed off to the beach to spend a weekend with one of her friends, Kelsey and I headed up north to meet our new editions to the family, to celebrate my mother's day of birth and spend time with family.

First - Happy Birthday Mom, this great lady came into this world on July 3rd and this year celebrates another good year of life - hey, I won't disclose her age but she's a youngster. Our gift to her this year, the opportunity to spend time with both her daughters, new grandson's her eldest granddaughter and of course, my brother in law and Dad.

After arriving into town on the 4th, Kelsey and I tired from the hectic weeks preceeding were pretty much in the mood to just hang and relax knowing the next day we would back into the car to be headed up north. We did enjoy a mini shopping spree for baby stuff in our anticipation of meeting our new editions to the family, that is always fun and thankfully for me, someone else is using it. Fun to buy but I would no longer want to be in a position to use it!

We headed up north to the land where they say 'eh, cows roam, cheese and bratwurst are readily available. The boys are beautiful and we all took many turns holding them, loving them and visiting with Steph & Todd. They are both looking tired and doing well taking each day and its challenges as they come along. Excited we of course showered them with all our newly bought things that provided which is always fun and geez, two boys, who doesn't need super industrial need a fork-lift size box of diapers.

Though we were excited to have the opportunity we also knew that we couldn't go overboard as not to stress them out. But this allowed us to visit with Steph & Todd, something I don't get to do often enough (miss u both).

The boys are movie stars in their own rights with video and pictures being taken constantly, with no flash as not to strain or hurt their still developing eyes.

Pics available of our visit shortly.

Kelsey we found is a natural at keeping the boys calm, but on her first try to change a diaper, well I will post the video clip soon! We came back home on Saturday, Alex arrived home on Monday after some car trouble delayed their trip home. I know Alex was so upset they had to stay in Florida one more day.

I hope your holidays were as enjoyable as my own!

No comments: