Sunday, March 09, 2008

Garden Show 2008- Spring here yet?


Jenny and I were off the flower show with the excitement to find new plants, new ideas and just spend an afternoon without kids. The night before snow fell and we received about 4", I was skeptical about the roads, but they turned out to be fine and most of the snow melted by the time we got home.

We were greated by these fountains, impressive but oh so expensive.


We wandered through it all, not impressed that much this year with the garden displays. To me, it looked like they used the same plants, rocks and hardscape in every single one, no diversity which left it a little boring. We did find a few items we would like to pick up this year.

Now we are awaiting the thaw so we can actually get out in the yard. I managed to wrangle a Tulip Tree seedling from the nutgrowers booth along with a couple of pecan tree seedlings, we'll see how they do in the yard. We both picked up a few plants to try in the gardens this year, I bought some new shrub hydrandeas and hibiscus for the corners of the backyard.....now they are sitting in my dining room waiting for it to get warm enough and the ground workable so I can get them planted. Come on Spring.....

No comments: