Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Red/White and So Blue

What was supposed to be an exciting day for the girls and me, the Red/White game which introduces the seasons Soccer teams to the parents with a day of exhibition games, cookouts and fun, I baked in the sun for 5 hours, the day was hot and I found out I could sweat in places I didn't know I could, maybe in the end a cleansing of the body and mind.

The girls had plans for the evening and I did as well, 2 bottles of wine, a good friend to talk to and 2 big golden retrievers laying on top of us. It rained, again another cleansing? We sat out under an umbrella feeling the gentle mist of the rain fall over us for a little while, enjoying the sound. It was a welcomed respite, even with this, sleep was limited and food really didn't look interesting.

No comments: