Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Call...................



I recently had the opportunity to visit some of the bars near my home and participate in their Texas Hold-Em tournaments (3 nights in a row). Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the play, meeting some of the regulars, cheap beer and FREE Hold-Em. Last night, I joined the group again for what will probably be a regular late Wednesday night game (2nd game starts @10pm).

Got my chips, beer in hand I settled at the table. Still a complete novice to etiquette I wonder whom is the 'hard-core' player that will always be quick to let me know when I have fallen out of etiquette - they come out fast! Well, much to my delight, this was a varied and wonderful group of people. Play began, a little slowly because the first dealer mis-dealt 2x times - patience. I got some cards but was slow to begin play, and then the cards came - I was able to knock out 4 of 9 people with calling their 'all-ins', the most fun was the player to my left,

I was working on a nice straight, he kept calling - finally just before the last card played - he goes all in, not having my straight, but thinking he is bluffing - I called........
- the last card comes out, I had gotten my pretty straight, he looked at me, mucked his cards, shook my hand and walked away, my pot 6,000......sometimes playing can be sweet! I continued to play moving to consolidated tables as players dropped out , finally loosing on my own all-in. It was all good.

Now if I can only one day get up the courage to play for some real dollars..........

No comments: