Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Dinner is in the Microwave........


Most days I don't get home until 7pm or later leaving me with the evening chores, various items to sign/check and of course....our evening dinner. Now, I don't have an aversion to cooking, but needing to have something cranked out in 30-45 minutes and not a good pre-planner - add to the fact the youngest is a really picky eater, well....I would sometimes just ignore it and hope it goes away.

It doesn't!

I hear about it from my oldest whom gets tired of thrown together meals from the freezer and refrig. Which brings us to last night.

Having received a call from my neighbor who leaves the message
'nice you calling me the last month' - and the joke of not having spoken to her since last fall, I grabbed a beer and headed down the block. (It's now 6:30pm) - we chatted a bit and decided to come back down to my house - well two women whom haven't seen each other in a few months have a few things to catch up on....
Besides, Alex was still full from her birthday challenge.


Pictured here with 10 gummy worms in her mouth, her strategy, all in, then chew......it didn't work to well.

At 7:30pm, Kelsey pops in the room and says she want to make the chicken for dinner on the grill - go ahead, we continue to chat. Kelsey pops back in to say dinner is now ready (fully expecting me to jump up and come down to dinner - not), we continue to chat. She leaves and another friend calls, now on the phone gabbing away and in pops Kelsey with a very curt, short
Your dinner is in the Microwave. Hmmmm, I wonder if she is a little upset I didn't come and enjoy her dinner she took the time and effort to prepare - where have I felt that one before?

Later that evening (10pm) I finally get down to the kitchen to get my dinner, in the microwave is a beautifully laid out plate of chicken (cut up), green beans and corn with a garnish of pineapple.

It was delicious............I could get used to this but next time I will make sure I am at the table on time!

No comments: