Saturday, January 31, 2009

Times R A Changin

It's been a month of changes and acceptance that things do change. Kelsey and Devon have separated, it was tough on all of us. Yes, all of us....while Kelsey was away at college, Dev came by every week to play Halo with Alex or just hang out, he was a part of our family and we lost a member.

Right on the heels of this news, Alex informed me that she would not be trying out for HS soccer in the fall. Wanting instead to tryout for the Fall & Winter cheer squad. Again, heartbroken over this news, I loved watching her play. This of course has caused some discourse over the past few weeks.

All of this is more on me, I need a few weeks to accept what has changed, figure out how I am going to proceed and act on it....this gets to be a slower process as I get older, because I get comfortable with the way things are. My children on the other hand are initiating change, embracing it and enjoying it...Good for them!

What's in store for next month? Who knows!

No comments: