Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow...again

The panic was on, everyone, including myself rushed to the grocery store to 'stock up' or get missing items in preparation for the snow. Now in reality driving would be possible, it wasn't suggested.

My brother and his wife brought home baby Jade (see post below) and I was there to assist getting them settled. I encouraged my brother to 'stock up' as well since neither of them had been home for a few days, he was skeptical, he believes its a scam between the weathermen and the stores to sell out thier products since the weathermen always mis-predict the weather, no one is the wiser...hmmm, but I truly thought this one was not going to be nice. April settled for a bit, Chris and I headed off to the store. It was packed, the stores were still stocked and the cashier's not looking to weary, but they said it had been steady all day.

So, this morning I awoke to the tingling of snow/sleet against my window. The predicted weather had come with us with the south receiving more rain mix leaving the snow under a hard packed crust. Patches of course needed to go out, he was not amused.



Update 2/14: We all managed to get out on Wednesday, my driveway was horrible had to dig myself out a few times just to get into the court which was no better. Left a message for my girls on their mirror - Happy Valentines Day ~ Please shovel drive - they did, bless them.

No comments: