Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The best man in my life...

He's always greets me at the door tail wagging
Excited I am home ~ What's not to love!

And he gives me comic relief.
I received one of those laser pointers, knowing my brother's cats like to chase it I thought I would give it a try on ours. The cats weren't interested.
But Patches ~ he 'sees the light'




I have created a monster
He now sits in my room, on the ready, panting and watching the floor every evening wagging his tail awaiting the little red dot. He now catches any reflective light from mirrors, watches, jewelry and more ~ so every morning as I put on my makeup, he is there waiting!

I do play a mean trick on him, he gets so involved following the little red dot he fails to think about the cats hiding just under the edge of the bed. As the light moves closer , a cat paw comes striking out....he backs off but is right back if the light goes there...I will never understand how a dog can be so smart, but yet so stupid at the same time, come to think of it, I guess I have met some people like this in my life.

And what else did I discover? He chases the dust flakes in the trails of sunlight that streams into the windows late in the afternoon. It took me a minute to figure out what the heck he was doing, but when I caught a hold of a drifting piece and he went up and ate it! And where is this dust coming from, that as well became evident when I watch as he wagged his tail in that same stream of light ~ dust, grass and hair was flying off.

How can you not love or have a good pet in your life, they are always happy to see you, the are there through thick and thin (at least if you keep feeding them), they don't judge and it is a know fact they reduce stress, well I would take exception with that one if I had to discuss the cats right now, but that is for another time.

Looks like a bath is next up for Patches..

No comments: