Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!



To all my friends and fellow mothers!

I hope you all had a lovely day.

My weekend began playing poker in the Friday night games, was doing well and then began to slide, I still swear it was due to the guy who got sat down next to me when they were combining tables, sucked the luck right out of me!

The weather did not cooperate at all, our intended weekend with my parents to watch Quals was rained out. All weekend, gray, drizzly and cold. Couldn't even play in the gardens (my flowers are blooming). So what better to do than - Sleep! - yep, did almost nothing all day, ahhhh. Well, I did manage to clean out all the old clothes from my closet, then I slept, cool air, rain drops and quiet - Alex was asleep too.


Kelsey was in Kentucky
playing in a tournament. I originally couldn't go due to mom/dad coming down, so I decided to drive down on Sunday to watch the game, now that is a mother's love for 'ya. 45 degrees, windy and rainy - and I am driving 2.5 hours to stand in it! On our trip down I stopped in McDonalds to grab some breakfast. They were giving out carnations to all mothers, I didn't get one, Alex was in the car, guess she didn't think I was a mom? - huh!

The game was rough, the refs liked the other team and we lost 3-2, the girls played well and we only had 1 cut/bruised nose and 2 cuts - not bad. But with them losing it meant we didn't have to stay for the 3pm game - a slight yeah! We stopped for dinner at O'Charley's and headed home. It was a good day with the girls and they finished it sweetly by presenting me with a gift certificate for a massage, ahhhh - I love my girls.

Happy mother's day ............

No comments: