Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November

This month has pretty much been about the same as October, quiet, reflective and enjoying the peace. I enjoyed dinner with a mysterious antique buyer at the beginning of the month and we are both looking forward to the next time we will be able to converse again. Friday's have been taken over by the High School football team when Kelsey comes home to see Devon play. They are ranked in the top 50 for HS teams on ESPN, just look for Center Grove. Games are usually followed by all the football parents going to a local restaurant to relish victories (until the wee hours), Devon's parents invite me along, I have enjoyed myself and getting to know more of the other parents.

I am getting out a bit more during the week reconnecting with friends, but still laying low, kinda feel like I am re-charging for something, just not sure what yet. Or it just maybe work has left me worn from trying to get so much done before the 'code freeze' which is when we lock down to any changes going into the holiday sales.

The girls have been busy with their activities both doing well in their respective schools. Kelsey's roommate had a breakdown and returned to her home, leaving Kelsey relaxed as not to have to deal with her anymore, she is enjoying school more and stressing less. Alex and I took in the Twilight movie this past weekend after both of us read the book, were hooked - well she is, I have always loved vampire stories and we are looking forward to the next movie. A friend of mine at work just introduced me to a series of Anne Rice trilogy I didn't know existed called Sleeping Beauty which came with a warning that I will probably feel the need to smoke after every chapter if you get my drift.

This maybe difficult now since I gave up smoking on November 20th *the great smoke-out day*, 7 days and counting. I have faltered a few times, its not so much the physical need to smoke, it is more mental but I still feel one or two in this time frame is doing better than my almost 2 pack a day, and to just think of all the money I have saved so far - yeah!

We are looking forward a great Thanksgiving and on Saturday the football team will be playing for the State Championship at Lucas Oil Stadium complete with pre-game tailgating, we are all looking forward to a victorious win and lots of celebrating afterwards!

Wishing you all a wonderful happy Thanksgiving and stress free holiday and hope this all finds you well! As I say on myspace - I am around!

1 comment:

Marty b said...

Hey "Calico", great move in trying to quit. I wish you the best of luck in succeeding. I managed to quit three years ago after spending several years at a half pack a day. It still was hard as I found my habit was as much a hand/oral habit as a nicotine craving. (No, I'm not going to play that one!)

I've read some Ann Rice and she is a good writer. I haven't read the triology you mentioned. I've really gotten behind on my reading as I am buying books but not reading them. Good intentions, etc.

Take care and again, good luck!

"Unc" Bud